As Mennonites we cherish our Anabaptist tradition. This tradition which emerged in the early 1500s in The Netherlands has emphasized the importance of Christ as the pattern for our daily lives. Consequently it is our intent to reflect the love of Christ in all our activities and relationships with one another.
891 Chisholm Trail
Newton, Ks 67114
3 miles south on K-15 Hwy.
turn left (east) on 90th
1 mile east to Chisholm Trail Rd.
From I-135 in North Newton (Exit 34):
8 miles north on K-15
turn right (east) onto 90th
1 mile east to Chisholm Trail Rd.
Worshipping With Us
Depending on the case numbers and positivity rates for Marion and Harvey counties (see below for guidelines on offering indoor worship options), we are offering 3 different options for worship. Please choose the option that feels best for you and your family:
- Drive-in Worship: Come to the church parking lot where you can listen to the service being broadcast over FM Radio 107.1
- Worship at Home: Access the Live-streaming link sent out with our bulletin and available on Tabor’s website
- Worship in Hospitality Hall: See below for further details
Worship will begin at 9:00 a.m. on Sunday morning. Transcripts will continue to be sent out with the weekly bulletin.
The BASIC Faith Formation class will meet in the Hospitality Hall following the service.
Zoom Faith Formation (WOW and CAFE) will begin at 10:45 a.m.
Children’s Faith Formation playlists will continue to be sent out with the weekly bulletin.
For those of us who choose to attend worship inside the Hospitality Hall, here is a list of guidelines that we currently believe are the best ways to keep everyone as safe as possible during this time of Covid-19:
- We ask that everyone enter the building through the door on the north side of the Hospitality Hall. This door will open at 8:45 a.m.
- Masks and social distancing are expected of all people on Tabor’s campus. Masks and hand sanitizer will be available before entering the Hospitality Hall.
- We will record the names of people who are present indoors for the sake of contact tracing.
- We ask that people sit in the chairs provided which are placed in a social distancing pattern. Please sit only with close family members.
- We ask that people use the restrooms before coming to worship. However, the bathrooms in the Hospitality Hall will be available if necessary.
- For everyone’s safety, we ask that you greet one another in ways that do not involve touching (handshakes, hugs, etc.)
- Congregational singing will only take place outside of the building.
- We ask that you access the bulletin on your mobile devices or print the bulletin at home ahead of time. No paper copies of bulletins will be provided.
- The congregation will be dismissed by rows to maintain social distancing, beginning with those who are closest to the doors.
- Outdoor fellowship and visiting prior to and following the worship service are encouraged.
Remember: If you do not feel well or if you know that you have possibly been exposed to Covid-19, please stay home and join us in worship through livestreaming.
Our Worship Style is a mix of contemporary & more traditional styles and varies from week to week. Bulletins containing the order of service and other news are posted online weekly.
What to Wear… is up to you! On Sunday mornings you will see everything from jeans to suits. Many dress “business casual”.
Please check our weekly bulletin for more information on Wednesday Evening Activities during this time.